What does the Bible teach us about God?
The modern idea of God is a being who is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good, along with a bunch of other superlatives. Is this view supported by the Bible?
Let's find out...
- What does it mean to repent?
- Is it possible for a perfect god to repent?
- How many times in the Bible does God repent?
Hint: It's more than 10 times!
- How can an all-knowing god have free will? or change its mind?
(See Numbers 23:19)
- Can a perfect god create something that is not perfect?
- Are you capable of an action that God is not capable of?
- Can God be surprised?
- Can God experience regret? (See Genesis 6:6 NET)
- Can God be embarrassed?
- Can God experience shame or guilt?
- Can God forget something? (See Genesis 8:1)
- Can a god who commands the killing of children and infants be considered "all-good" (or even just "good")? (See 1 Sam 15:2-3)