Below are the reasons why I don't believe in God...
1. INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE
(TO WARRANT BELIEF INCLUDING RULING OUT ALTERNATIVES AND FALSE POSITIVES)
That's about all.
The very same reasons also apply to:
- Why I don't believe the Bible was divinely inspired.
- Why I don't believe any Bible prophecy was ever fulfilled.
- Why I don't believe the exodus was a historical event
(as described in the Bible).
- Why I don't believe Jesus (or anyone else, ever) was raised from the dead.
- Why I don't believe any other holy book was divinely inspired.
- Why I don't believe in any supernatural phenomenon including miracles.
- Why I don't believe in any gods or goddesses.
- Why I don't believe disease is caused by evil spirits and/or demons.
- Why I don't believe in alternative medicine or pseudo science.
- Why I don't believe in paranormal claims.
- Why I don't believe vaccines cause autism.
- Why I don't believe Christadelphians have the "truth"
(or any other religion for that matter).
For every single person out there who believes in any of these things, at least one of the following necessarily applies:
- You have some evidence I am not aware of,
but you refuse to share it with me or with other unbelievers.
- You could be fooling yourself and you are ok with that
or you are not self-aware enough to realise it.
I know of no exceptions.
Perhaps the reason I don't believe is simply that I am not ok with self-deception. I am not saying I have never deceived myself. Only that I follow methods specifically designed to avoid the possibility, and if I ever become aware of the possibility I will improve my methods and update my beliefs accordingly.